Monday, April 5, 2010

Surprise


My Easter surprise. I went from the little biddie in the cup the the little biddies in the hen house.

Yesterday afternoon when I went out to gather eggs, I had a surprise. I was gathering the eggs and then looked in the last nest where the hen was setting and found two little heads looking at me. I went and got Tony to come see and dug down and found this one just born.


There was four hatched and I found one egg with a little hole in it. I left and then this morning they were all hatched. This really was a surprise because I had marked it on my calender and three weeks is Tuesday, April 6th.



I would guess this one is part Barred Rock. It is just a guess.




By noon today when I got back home, they were out and about, some. There is two little white ones with one black spot on their back and one red one and one black one and then the one with the stripe, which I think is an Americauna. Now I gotta ask, isn't that cute?

5 comments:

Jan said...

What perfect little Easter surprises. It's like they knew.

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

They are very cute, love the colour of your hen. Chicks for easter how lucky.

Miss Lizzy said...

Oh, they are SO CUTE! What a great surprise!

Cat with a Garden said...

Oh my Cod, many concats! They certainly are the CUTEST!

Jen said...

Awww... They are so cute! Nice Easter Surprise!