Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pretty and Sunny Day


Saturday was really pretty. Thankfully, we had a pretty week. My chickens are out looking for a bite to eat. Except two. They are nice little girls laying some eggs.
This is Barb, my Barred Rock. When I first saw her she was in the bottom middle nest. When I came back with the camera, she had moved over to the end nest. This one must be move comfortable. You can see the golf balls I keep in the nest. I got five eggs yesterday and another five today. And today Jodie, an Ameraucana, laid her first egg. So now I have seven hens laying. The last three should start laying around January. That's a guess.

2 comments:

Callie Brady said...

That's great! Congratulations on having some laying hens. My hens have cut way back because of the season and molting. Barb is so pretty. I had a Barred Rock hen when I was a child and I still love the feather pattern.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Barb knows just exactly where she wants to be..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie