Friday, May 8, 2009

Vegetable Garden





I really get excited about fresh tomatoes. As you can see, I have lots of plants. I always think if most don't work; maybe I will have at least a few producing. I really hope they all work well. Besides tomato plants, I have some potatoes and some kind of little pea that I can't remember the name of. It doesn't matter anyway because they do not even have a bloom. I know it is late for the potatoes (my father always had them planted earlier) but I hope for a little output. I have basil, parsley, and cilantro. I also planted some corn this year. I have never grown corn before. At least not on my own. My father could really grow some corn. Anyway, if it doesn't do good; the horses get the results. Even if it is just stalks, they love it. Win, win situation, right?
Everyone have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I well remember all your daddy's corn. He was quite the farmer. He gave me corn one year and I thought I never would finish shucking it. I hope your garden produces lots of good veggies.

Miss Lizzy said...

George's garden was a legend round Pea Ridge!! He always had the best corn and potatoes -- peas too. I remember shucking laundry baskets of corn with my mom & the dog, Livy Louise, would come steal ears out of the basket to chew on! Your tomatoes look good! I planted come tomatoes and cucumbers in pots & I've already got some little tomatoes on the cherry t. plant & the others -- 3 patio and 1 roma -- have a few blossoms...we'll see! I have a picture of your daddy plowing with Jack on my bulletin board above my desk.