Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Close Call

Saturday afternoon a stray dog tried to take out my chickens. It was a large collie looking dog and with it was a small poodle. The little poodle was not in on the chicken killing. He was just cold and looking for a warm spot. This is the chicken he almost killed. I had to run the big dog off to keep from having to kill him. The little poodle is at a boarders until they can find his home. I hope this ends my problem with the stay dog. My hen, Boa, has still got a small limp but she appears to be okay. She is still laying eggs. They are all scared of stray dogs now, which is a good thing.

3 comments:

LindaG said...

That was close!

There's a dog that comes in our yard, but it's not stray. Belongs to the people across the street.

When we get our chickens, we're going to ask them to keep a closer eye on it.

Stay dry!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Yikes! Scary
Benny & Lily

Jen said...

Glad the stray dog didnt get any of your chichens