Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fun With the Armadillo


Last fall while walking through the woods I found some blooming Spider Lilies. About where I found them, now is Daffodil plants. No blooms though. I have now idea why flowers would be this far back in the woods. Could have been a homestead many, many years ago.


Look what we came across. Then Skylar found him. She just stared at him for a while. I don't think they can see very well because the armadillo didn't pay any attention to Skylar; until she snapped at it's tail.


Then it jump and ran into a tree. I couldn't help but laugh. That was funny. Then it ran into a hole in the creek bank.






It knew just where the hole was and he in got in there in a hurry. I couldn't believe how fast he got in there. That's when Chili noticed it. Something went in this hole. She tried to dig him out, but it just didn't work.







Surprise, surprise, Skylar found a stick if someone wants to play.





Well, if we're not going to play, I'll just wade and cool off.








Chili on the scent of something. I have to get a close up to see her, she is so like the color of the leaves.

4 comments:

Callie Brady said...

I like your idea of a homestead lost in the woods. Cute photos of the dogs.
I wouldn't want to meet an armadillo in the woods.

Miss Lizzy said...

I love that last picture of Chili! You wouldn't think something so awkward looking as an armadillo could move so fast. We saw a model of a prehistoric armadillo at an exhibition at the Houston science museum a few years ago -- it was as big as a VW bug. Now THAT would be scary to meet!

Jan said...

I didn't know they could move so fast either. Maybe that's why they still look so primordial.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Wow we we see those speed bumps at the lake sometimes.. They are funny looking.. It Texas they say they make good purses.. Mom doesn't think so..


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie