Monday, December 7, 2009

They Are Growing


This is two of the three little chickens I bought last month. The one on the right is the one that had her feathers pecked off her back. You can't see it very well, but they are growing back. The chickens are growing really well also.

The hen on the right is Sweet Potato. She is an Americauna. She is standing on one leg because her right one is hurt. She walks on it, but with a limp. And, I believe, he is the reason she has a hurt leg. He seems rough with them sometimes and I not sure they like him. But to give him a little credit, he is always in a hurry because Foghorn, the white rooster, will chase him. So he has to hit and run. Funny, huh?


3 comments:

Jan said...

my parents raised chickens for a while when I was growing up. These guys bring back happy memories.

Callie Brady said...

Glad the feathers are growing back quickly. That is a pretty rooster in the bottom photo. Kristine almost brought home a bantam rooster from the feed store the other day. But I think we will hold out for another big sweet Brahma rooster in the Spring. Most days I don't want to have a rooster around. The hens seem happier without the fellows around.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

They sure are growing.. What lovely chicks.. That Rooster just wants to strut his stuff...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie