Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Out at the Barn

I took some pictures of the inside of the barn while feeding the horses today. This barn is really, really old. My father didn't know how old it is, and he would have be ninety-two this year. You see OLD, right? I'm standing at the back of the barn; the first picture is stalls where the cows were fed and milked. That very first stall is where I tried to milk a cow when I was just a little girl. That cow kicked the fool out of me and that was it.

The stalls on the right are for storage and stuff. The first two have a floor that is about two feet off the ground.

Sissy is standing at the back gate and to the left is Poppet's stall, where she happens to be eating right now. I am using my IPhone or the horses would be stampeding me right now.







I went around to the outside door to get this picture of Poppet eating. The sun is shining on me so the picture is not real good.








Now that we're through, time to get a little water.




This is Poppet's stall; the bin on the right is for hay, but on pretty nights I take their hay out behind the barn. Suki's stall is like this on the other side. I'll get pictures of the loft another time.



Time to eat our hay and call it a night.





7 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Wha beautiful pictures!
Benny & Lily

Miss Lizzy said...

When we brought Ben down from NY, he stayed in that barn for a while & I used to go over everyday to feed. Did our great-grandfather build the barn or was it already there when they built the house? Sissy is so cute! Great pics!

Anonymous said...

You're so fortunate that the barn is still there. I've so often wished granddaddy's hay barn and cow barns were still standing. I'm a mush for history and old buildings.

Callie Brady said...

Oh, I love, love, love your barn. If I was there I would just hang out in the barn all day. I could always throw some straw in an empty stall and read when I got tired.

Great photos!

Toni aka irishlas said...

What Callie said.... love your barn. I would hang out in the barn, too! I love old houses and barns.

Toni aka irishlas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gus, Louie and Callie said...

That is a really cool barn.. Looks like everyone is enjoying the sunshine...
Dad would want to metal detect around that.. He likes digging in the dirt near old buildings..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie