Sunday, February 14, 2010

More Snow Pictures


Since this happens only once every five or six years, I have to make the best of it. Remember the one little Biddie. Well, I open the shed, where the mom and baby had spent the night, and went to open the hen house. I heard a lot of squawking and when I looked back the hen and flown across the snow to reach the dry area under the pine tree. She just left the baby.





It peeped for a second or two and then started running to the hen.
The hen took only a few steps to meet the Biddie. Then they got back under the pine tree.







The other chickens didn't like the snow either. They would just walk from dry area to dry area as best they could.





Skylar loved it. Duh, Border Collie. And Taz, the little black poodle, loved it.






Chili did alright with it also. She would scoot around and sniff and see what all was going on.



Taz likes to run; wide open. He is just zipping along and his ears are straight up.









This is one of my favorite pictures of the horses. They are doing their best to find the grass.





This is up at my brothers pond. I did enjoy the snow. Most of it was melted by Friday night. But there again, we didn't loose power and still enjoyed the snow sites.






6 comments:

Callie Brady said...

Oh, those are great photos! I think you have the makings of a wonderful children's book complete with photos.

I want some more snow!

Please?

Morgan loves the snow too.

Jan said...

Lovely photos. You have quite a fairyland there.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Wow what great snow pictures and action shots. Those hens must have shoveled the snow away from their own area.
Benny & Lily

Toni aka irishlas said...

Nice photo's! Our dogs are loving the snow, too. I wish they would stop eating so much of it, though.
Now, the chickens want nothing to do with it. They have been happy in the coop - so far...
Enjoy it while you have it and if you want some more, I might have a bit to spare :-)

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

OH the pictures are awesome. We are with you Mom. Snow only comes once ever hundred years so we have to take as many pictures as we can...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Miss Lizzy said...

Oh, I just love the pics of the pond and also the horse pasture! Beautiful! You are so lucky you didn't lose power -- it definitely soured my view of the snow!