Tuesday, February 9, 2010

First Spring Flowers


They are just beginning to bloom. These narcissus flowers. These are the little bitty ones with a powerful smell. Only a few so far. Of course, while I am concentrating on taking the picture of the flowers, did I notice the stuff on the table. No. That is part of blooms from my lime tree. I had to bring it in so it would not freeze. This will be the last year that I can bring it in. Thankfully, it is beginning to grow. Anyway, back to the flowers.
Hopefully, there will be more. It is going to be really cold the rest of the week with possible snow Thursday night and Friday. That is okay, it will not be as cold as it was before. TWELVE degrees. After all, this is Louisiana.

5 comments:

Callie Brady said...

What darling little flowers. They look line small daffodils. It must be wonderful to enjoy the scent of Spring in the house. I have some store bought flowers, but they didn't come with any scent.

Jan said...

A delightful harbinger of spring! And aren't we lucky not to be buried in that cold white stuff?

Rupinder said...

As usual a beautiful post! I love 'A garden can sing inside the heart eternally'...flowers sure can bring back many good memories of important days and people.




sympathy flowers

Toni aka irishlas said...

Thank you for posting the pics of the flowers! They are grand! Just what I needed on a day like today.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

What beautiful flowers.. We hope you get snow. We will be right over to help you play in it..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie