Sunday, January 13, 2013

Floods Again

 

As you can see, Chili is feeling better. As first she kept trying to pick up the Frisbee but couldn't get a good grip on it; so just wallow on it. This was yesterday and play didn't last long. At least she is eating a little better.

Yesterday I also went down to the barn and worked on a little drainage on the south side. After Poppet ate her hay I had put out for them, she then went to eat the old hay I had out for the runoff.

As you can see, it didn't work well. But in my defense, I don't think much would have worked. We got three inches in under twelve hours. The majority of the rain in a shorter period of time. Fiddle! I guess we will dry out one day. The back of the barn is doing pretty good though.   

4 comments:

Mike said...

What a mess, huh? We've had a taste of summer, lately. January and it's high 70's.

Nice to see you blogging again.

Jan said...

Three inches in twelve hours? I think I would just wait for a break in storms to do much mopping up.

LindaG said...

We didn't have as much rain as I expected, but we have puddles here.
Glad to hear Chili is feeling better.
Have a great week, Becky!

Two French Bulldogs said...

That's that's crazy rain. Hope it all dries up soon
Benny & Lily