Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Rain Problems

A couple of days ago, I had some dirt work done behind my barn because of flooding. Right outside the back of the barn was a huge hole (actually, the barn kind of sits in a hole)and the back of the barn would flood. It sits in a hole because of a hundred years of animals. Well, after the work, then I planted rye grass seed and then put hay on top to help with the run off. Sorry, I didn't think to take before pictures. Right after I planted the seed, here come the chickens; then after I put the hay out, here come the horses. I had given them hay before I started this to keep them out of the way. Well, I see I still have a problem at Poppet's stall. It's is falling off the roof and hitting the bottom beam and falling inside the stall. At least I think I have the back better. It's getting a MAJOR test. It started raining yesterday evening and will rain every day for a week except Friday. We are extremely wet. This blog is so wacky jawed because I can't work this thing anymore. I wish I could get rid of goole+ and go back to just goole.

2 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oye! A mud bath may be in store
Benny & Lily

LindaG said...

I told hubby just this morning, we have a knack for clearing ground (leaving mud, basically) right before a rain.

Hopefully you made a great dent in your mud problem!

Stay dry!