Friday, February 15, 2013

Standing in Line

After being away for several hours, I always come home and check on my chickens. I just check the nesting places. As you can see there are three more boxes on the top where someone could go to lay an egg. Nope; I'll just wait,thank you. I know you can't see her, but there is a chicken in the slot behind the one waiting.

And then again, maybe we won't wait. These three decided they would just do groupie thing. Or two couldn't hold it any longer and jumped in is more like it.

3 comments:

Jan said...

I never realized hens could be so entertaining. Do they write their own scripts?

LindaG said...

Haha. I've read in other blogs about chickens doing just what yours do.

Can't wait until we can be ready for our own.
Have a great weekend, Becky!

Mike said...

A menage' a trois? Hens prefer to use the same box to lay in. I think it has something to do with making a clutch.