Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Squirrels and Squirrel Nest


This little squirrel must be pretty hungry because he let me get pretty close. How he could be hungry is beyond me; as much chicken feed as I put out.


Yesterday I was just glancing out the window and I thought I saw something moving in the tree. I first thought it was just the wind; but, after watching for a minute or two I saw a squirrel. He was picking twigs of leaves off the branches and then run up the trunk.


He or she was really busy. I tried to get a good shot but I guess it was the angle of the sun glare.


I think he started this smaller one on the outer branch and must have decided that wasn't the spot. You can see it on the left and higher.
Or maybe it is another squirrels home. Who knows.




4 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

careful of those tree rats, we mean squirrels
Benny & Lily

Jen said...

They sure are cute, but I'm so glad I dont have any in my yard!

LindaG said...

Learned something new. I didn't know they made nests like birds. :-)

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Do you need a few heeler's to come over and help with those squirrels? We know oh so well how to bark at them.

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie