Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sign of Spring?




A couple of days ago, while I was out taking some pictures, I found this one bloom of forsythia. Sign of spring? I bet not. I don't know how it bloomed anyway because the nights were down in the low twenties.

It has been raining for the last two days. Yesterday it didn't rain very much; just a little drizzle. This morning it was raining when I got up and it has been raining all day. This is really good. I noticed in the paper today that we are behind about two inches on the yearly average. This is since Jan. 1. I have gotten an inch and a half today. I don't know how much we got yesterday and last night because I had forgotten to put my rain gauge back out. I'm thinking we are about caught up or will be by the time it quits raining. Yea!

5 comments:

LindaG said...

I bet the forsythia is trying to tell spring to hurry up! ;-)

My grandmother used to have forsythia in her back yard. I miss it.

Jen said...

I wish it was springtime...

Two French Bulldogs said...

This weather is so nutty, you never know. Its 86 degrees here!
Snuggles,
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

My rain gauge showed 3.25 inches for the two days.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Maybe Spring is coming soon...


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie