Thursday, January 20, 2011

Raccoon


As you can see this is a very young raccoon. Probably the reason he got trapped. I'm relocating him. He will be much happier in another location.
I'm having to trap again because one came really early last week and almost got one of my hens. Actually, she died anyway. I found her the next morning in the shed. I guess she died of a heart attack. I went out to close the hen house about one hour after dark. Bad me.


"I see you".
"I see you, too."


The little coon doesn't care where I am. He has to watch Skylar.
The wire at the top; shouldn't be there. Oscar tore up my trap while trying to get at the coon. I had to just put it in the truck and shut the tailgate to keep him away. So no more trapping until Johnny fixes my trap.

7 comments:

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We are sure the little guy will be happier else where too. Sorry about the chickie..
Mom says she is glad she is not the only one with nose prints on her windows.. You know only another dog owner would even notice...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

becky3086 said...

I am so hoping to see one of those in one of my traps soon!

Jen said...

Glad you caught him... I hope to never see on in my yard!

Two French Bulldogs said...

we were scared you were making racoon stew, BOL
Benny & Lily

Toni aka irishlas said...

We had a coon raid on the henhouse this year and lost two hens...

Haven't seen any sign of it since. Glad you caught yours.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Sure glad we can be weather assistance for you.. Cold this am but warmed up nicely..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Anonymous said...

When you relocate a young raccoon like that, do you think it gets traumatized being in a strange (different) environment, or being away from his/her mother and siblings? Just curious.