Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thank You LORD, Rain!

Again! We got .44 of an inch Monday and again today a little over an inch. My purple fountain grass is laying over; heavy from the rain. That's okay. You can tell the parts that I've been watering. Around my trees and parts of the grass. Double win today. Not only did we get rain, it only reached 97.7 today at 11:08am. It is now 74 degrees. Tomorrow back up to 103 or so.

After the rain slowed way down the chickens went out to see what they could stir up.

Why is it weeds can survive so and grass can't; grass for heaven sakes. I really do know the answer. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow. I'm going to sit in the swing on the porch since it is so cool this evening.

5 comments:

Mike said...

We finally got out of the triple digit temps a week ago. It rained several times and everything is greening back up. Then an earthquake hits (if you can call it that). Now, we have Irene to deal with. And there have been locusts. We've had wildfires, too. hmmmmm

Jan said...

If it weren't for weeds, I wouldn't have a lawn. Why can weeds survive when grass can't?

Two French Bulldogs said...

glad you got some of that wet stuff
Benny & Lily

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

I can hardly recall the sound of rain. It's time for this drought to come to an end!

LindaG said...

So many people wonder the same thing, you'd make a fortune if you could answer that, haha.

I'm glad it gave our last spray time to take effect, I hope, before washing it away.

Happy Thursday!