Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Skylar Escapade


This morning I woke to rain at six am. It was not hard; just enough to wake me up. I rolled over and then remembered I had left Skylar outside last night. Her idea. Anytime it starts to rain, she will scratch at the door.
No scratching, so I get up to go let her in. No Skylar. I call and call. Still no Skylar. Since it was lighting in the west I knew she would be afraid. I go in and call my friend down the road and Skylar was there. She brought her home on her way to work. It is only about a half a mile from my house. This picture is of her laying out on the wet ground after the rain. Again, her idea. It is only thirty-nine degrees now.

It was sixty degrees at ten am and by one it was down to thirty-nine. It is twenty-seven now at five pm. At least I am in the one fourth of the nation that is not getting snow or ice.
Sissy just says let me in the house. I don't want to hang out here with Skylar.

6 comments:

Jen said...

No snow here either... lots of rain.

Anonymous said...

I saw Skylar lying in the yard yesterday morning when it COLD. She appeared content. What a fine dog pack you have.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh Skylar you were forgotten? Oh no.. You stay warm. Our temps were brutal again today..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Unknown said...

Glad Skylar made it home thanks to a good neighbor:)

Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill

Callie Brady said...

Good to know Skylar is home safe. Just cold here too... no snow. Have a warm cozy day inside!

Sapphire said...

phew. stay warm and safe!